Cross Creek Ranch HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Looking for HVAC maintenance in Cross Creek Ranch, which straddles Fulshear and Katy, Texas? Scheduling service for your air conditioner and heater ensures that your HVAC system runs efficiently and lasts longer. We recommend two maintenance visits a year – an AC tune-up and check in the spring and a heater tune-up and check in the fall.
Why? We find that customers are happier when their HVAC system breaks down less often.
Even though well-maintained air conditioners and heaters mean fewer repair trips for HVAC companies, it also means fewer emergency calls on nights and weekends.
Even when emergency service is available, sometimes a system will need a special part that we don’t carry on our truck and HVAC suppliers don’t work after hours. This is why after-hours service can be expensive and it can still take more than one trip if sourcing a missing part is part of the repair equation.
If you’re looking for a longstanding partner that can install, service, and maintain your HVAC system from start to finish in Fort Bend County, Terry’s A/C & Heating can be your trusted partner. We know your Cross Creek Ranch neighborhood and have assembled an HVAC maintenance checklist for our Cross Creek Ranch neighbors to help you take care of your HVAC unit all year round.
About Cross Creek Ranch
Cross Creek Ranch is a master-planned community located about a mile and a half from downtown Fulshear, Texas in Fort Bend County. It straddles Fulshear to the west and Katy to the east. It is adjacent to the Cinco Ranch West neighborhood in Katy and is considered a part of far west suburban Houston, Texas.
The main entrance to the community on Cross Creek Ranch Blvd is off the Westpark Tollway/FM 1093 near the intersection of FM 1463. The future Texas Heritage Parkway, currently under construction on the community’s west side, will eventually connect the Westpark Tollway to IH-10 / Katy Freeway.
The neighborhood includes Bonterra at Cross Creek Ranch, a 55+ Resort-Style Living community.
- Master-planned community
- Parks and Trails
- Greenthread Park
- The Links at Flewellen Creek (18 hole disc golf)
- Pine Park
- Arbor Park
- Abilities Park
- Open Space Parks
- Butterfly Garden
- Canine Commons
- 45 miles of hike and bike trails
- Water access/kayak landings
- Community Pools
- Adventure Island Waterpark and Splash Pad
- Flewellen Creek Pool
- Greenthread Park
- Bonterra Clubhouse
- Flewellen Creek
- Polishing Pond
- Numerous lakes for fishing/kayaking
- Ivy Kids Early Learning Center
- Chrysalis Preschool
- Schools in Katy ISD (As of 6/2021)
- Schools in Lamar Consolidated ISD (as of 6/2021)
- Neighborhood magazine: The Tributary (monthly newsletter)
- Zipcodes: 77441 or 77494
Cross Creek Ranch Homes
Cross Creek Ranch homes are traditional and Mediterranean single-family homes, condos, and patio homes in a neighborhood with many parks, lakes, and amenities. The Welcome Center offers a fitness center and café. Here’s what homes in the neighborhood have in common.
- The average square footage of homes in Cross Creek Ranch is 2,949 sq. ft. (Har.com)
- Avg. Year Built: 2020 (2008-2021)
- Current Prices: $280’s to $1M’s (neighborhoods.com)
- Sq. Ft.: 1,263 to 6,183 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 to 6 bedrooms
- Bathrooms: 2 to 8 bathrooms
HVAC Maintenance Checklist for Cross Creek Ranch
This is a newer neighborhood so many of the repair issues for HVAC equipment are not related to the age of the equipment in most cases. We do see a higher than usual number of repairs due to humidity issues. This can include repairs from clogged drains and water leaks. Sometimes we are called out to help troubleshoot the source of the humidity which can come from plumbing issues or improper settings on the thermostat.
Other common repairs to air conditioners in the summer are electrical parts that wear out due to normal wear and tear, such as run capacitors and contactors. We have seen our fair share of coils that need to be replaced under warranty in Cross Creek Ranch.
We see pest issues less often in this neighborhood, but we still recommend regular pest control because it can protect your HVAC system in the long run.
In the fall and the spring, we recommend scheduling HVAC maintenance to identify any issues that might be flying under the radar and to prevent larger, more expensive problems. Regular maintenance also keeps your HVAC system in optimal shape to increase its longevity. This HVAC maintenance checklist (with a few related tasks) can keep your air conditioner and heater in top shape in Cross Creek Ranch all year round.
Quarterly HVAC Maintenance
- Change air filters (MERV 8-10)
- Schedule pest control
Every Six Months
- Pour vinegar down condensate drain (especially in the spring/fall).
- Clear landscaping from around the condenser
- Check batteries in the thermostat (if needed)
- Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- When seasons change, change the direction of your ceiling fans
- Spring HVAC Tune-Up from a licensed HVAC technician
- Fall HVAC Tune-Up from a licensed HVAC technician
- Replace in-duct or furnace filters (if applicable)
- Dryer vent cleaning
- Fireplace inspection and cleaning
- Remove and clean bathroom exhaust fans to remove humidity/mold (as needed)
- Check your plumbing fixtures (bathrooms, kitchen, washer, water heater) for signs of leaks
Every 5 years
- Replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspect window and door caulking and weather stripping
Every 10-20 years
- Clean ducts (if necessary)
- Add attic insulation (if necessary)
Every 15-20 Years
Testimonials from Cross Creek Ranch Neighbors
Find out what neighbors are saying about the HVAC service they have received from Terry’s A/C & Heating in Fulshear and Katy, Texas.
“Very honest people who care about delivering a great service, they care about their clients. Highly recommend them.” – Tatiana Berindean
“I have been using Mr. Terry for many years and his father before him. He is knowledgeable of the technical aspects of modern HVAC systems more importantly he is honest, reliable and fair. I know I can rely on him when I have an A/C issue. – Gordon Wheeler
“Terry’s AC was strongly recommended to me by my Home Inspector. I was told they were honest, and experienced. I was very satisfied with their visit, as they met all of the promised expectations. I will use them this Spring.” – Patsy Meyers
HVAC Maintenance for Cross Creek Ranch – Call Us
Get ahead of the busy fall and spring seasons by calling Terry’s A/C & Heating at 281-495-7830 to get on our schedule for the day or to schedule your seasonal HVAC tune-up. We can give you a second opinion or repair your air conditioner, heater, mini-split, or heat pump if you’re experiencing a comfort issue, such as hot spots.
Our HVAC scheduled maintenance plan we call the Peace of Mind Protection Program makes HVAC maintenance care-free for our customers. Learn more about our family-owned company located in Richmond, Texas, and what makes us different from other HVAC companies in the area. We would be honored to earn your business.