Weston Lakes HVAC Maintenance Checklist
When you’re looking for a trusted HVAC maintenance partner who can service and maintain your HVAC equipment, hiring an expert that knows your Weston Lakes neighborhood is smart! Terry’s A/C & Heating has compiled an HVAC maintenance checklist for our Weston Lakes neighbors to help you take care of your HVAC investment.
About Weston Lakes
Weston Lakes is a neighborhood and city that is located on FM 1093 (Westheimer Blvd) two miles west of Fulshear, Texas and east of Simonton in Fort Bend County.
It is located in the Greater Houston area on the west side of town. It’s not far from I-10 (Katy Freeway), Highway 59 (Southwest Freeway), Grand Parkway and the Westpark Tollway.
- Planned 1,600 acre community
- 24-hour guarded entry
- 18-hole golf course and Weston Lakes Country Club
- Parks: Pecan Park, Riverwood Park
- Waterways: Pecan Lake and Oxbow Lake, Brazos River
- Schools: Lamar Consolidated ISD
- Huggins Elementary
- Leaman Jr. High School
- Roberts Middle School
- Fulshear High School
- Neighborhood magazine: West Side Stories
- Trivia: Every street starts with a “W.”
Weston Lakes Homes
Weston Lakes homes are custom homes on large, wooded lots, and many custom builders are represented in this neighborhood. Here’s what homes in the neighborhood have in common.
- The average square footage of the homes in Weston Lakes is 4,387 sq. ft.
- Avg. Year Built: 2006 (1985-2020)
- From $300’s to $1 million+
- Square Footage: 1,602 to 6,422 sq. ft.
- Bathrooms: 2 to 7 bathrooms
- Lot Sizes: 0 – 4 acres
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
In this neighborhood we have found many HVAC repairs related to pest control, such as squirrels, vermin, wasps, and lizards that infiltrate equipment. This is likely due to the neighborhood’s wooded location. This is why scheduling HVAC maintenance twice a year – in the fall and the spring – can help identify issues before they become bigger. Regular pest control is also helpful.
We recommend this HVAC maintenance checklist (with a few related tasks) to keep your air conditioner and heater in top shape in Weston Lakes.
- Change air filters (MERV 8-10)
- Schedule pest control
Every Six Months
- Pour vinegar down condensate drain (especially in the spring/fall)
- Clear landscaping from condenser
- Check batteries in thermostat (if needed)
- Check batteries in smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- At season change, change the direction of your ceiling fans
- Spring HVAC Tune-Up from a licensed HVAC technician
- Fall HVAC Tune-Up from a licensed HVAC technician
- Replace in-duct or furnace filters
- Dryer vent cleaning
- Remove and clean bathroom exhaust fans to remove humidity/mold (as needed)
- Check your plumbing fixtures (bathrooms, kitchen, water heater) for signs of leaks
- Replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspect window and door caulking and weather stripping
- Clean ducts (if necessary)
- Add attic insulation (if necessary)
- Replace your HVAC system
Testimonials from Weston Lakes Neighbors
Find out what neighbors are saying about the HVAC service they have received from Terry’s A/C & Heating.
“I do not have a new unit installed by Terry’s A/C. Several years ago we did install a new unit with another dealer. After a couple of years we had problems with it, and Terry’s became our dealer to solve the problems basically created by the first guy. My husband and I worked with Summer Terry at WoodGroup, and that is where we came to know Rob. We have been perfectly happy with Rob’s care of our HVAC needs since. Rob is courteous, knowledgeable and many times saved us money. I wish we had known him [Terry’s A/C & Heating] before we had our unit replacement.” – Cathy Blue
“The guys from Terry’s AC have responded promptly when called, assessed the problem, and fixed the problem at a reasonable price. Terry’s phone number is at the top of my contact list at a ready call away for AC problems. Thanks Terry’s” – Don Rougeau
“Fast response. Clear about costs up front. Friendly and knowledgeable. Reasonable price. Great service and great experience!” – Abigail Masch
Give Terry’s A/C & Heating a Call
If you’re looking for an HVAC maintenance, service and replacement partner, contact Terry’s A/C & Heating to get on the day’s schedule. We can help you with a quote on a new HVAC system and give your system a seasonal HVAC tune-up. We also offer an HVAC scheduled maintenance plan which we call the Peace of Mind Protection Program that makes HVAC maintenance easy. Learn more about our family-owned company and what makes us different.